||Sugar snap peas are sweet and succulent. You can eat the whole pod. Fresh and uncooked they're juicy, sweet, and crisp.
||Store in the refrigerator wrapped loosely in plastic. Rinse before use.
||They require very little cooking. They should be added to cooked dishes just before serving.
What else is in your bag? Back to this week's Harvest Guide!
Baked Sugar Snap Peas
Makes: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped shallots (or onions)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seed
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Spread sugar snap peas in a single layer on a medium baking sheet, and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with shallots, thyme, sesame seed and kosher salt.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender but firm.